Friday 1 March 2013

The Spectacular Spiderman.

Spiderman: The Animated Series was probably the only thing I watched as a kid. It introduce me to the world of Spiderman and I learnt some of the most important storylines from it.

Since then, I've been hankering for another Spiderman series of that calibre with no success. I stumbled across The Spectacular Spiderman by accident really. I had a couple of hours to spare so I was searching on LoveFilm for something to take up that time. It's here that I found The Spectacular Spiderman - and I'm glad I did.

Now it doesn't compare to Spiderman: The Animated Series in terms of story because it is fairly simple. Every episode a different supervillain or a group of supervillains (The Sinister Six for example) try and stop Spidey - with limited success. What it does bring to the table, though, is terrific representation of characters - heroes and villains alike and superb humour. Spectacular Spiderman rivals The Animated Series in humour. Spidey's quips are classic Spiderman.

Of course, this being a new generation of Spiderman the animation and voice acting is much better than The Animated Series, but I don't think this quite matches it.

It's very good and very entertaining viewing, but I think The Animated Series just pips it.

No comments:

Post a Comment